Finance & Operations Officer
1 December 2022
AlphaMundi Group (AMG), an impact investing firm established in 2007 and headquartered in Switzerland, with additional offices in Nairobi, Bogota, and Washington, DC. AMG is dedicated to impact investing, i.e., profitable investments that generate measurable and substantial benefits to society and the environment, through its private debt fund, SocialAlpha domiciled in Luxembourg, its private debt and equity fund, AlphaJiri, domiciled in Mauritius, and various co-investment mandates. Since 2009, AMG has invested over USD 110M in 57 impact ventures and SMEs across 15 countries in Latin America and sub-Saharan Africa.
The AMG Nairobi office, AlphaMundi Kenya (AMK), opened in 2015 and comprises a team of 3 full-time employees, including 1 senior manager and 2 investment officers. AMK shares its offices with the team of 4 FTE of the AlphaMundi Foundation (AMF).
For more information about the organization, please refer to www.alphamundigroup.com
The role is based in Nairobi, Kenya and will begin in 2023Q1 ideally.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Fund Administrator: Maintaining fund treasury files, liaising with the investment team to ensure proper allocation of payments, reconciling cash flows between the fund and administrator, preparing and maintaining the online filing system, scheduling meetings with relevant parties, preparing for audits, and ensuring funds compliance with the relevant regulating bodies.
• Co-investor Invoicing & Reporting: Preparing co-investors statements, invoicing, organizing information required from the investment team and consolidating investor data.
• Corporate Administration: Invoicing, bill payments, organizing accounting documents, liaising with the accountant and auditors, scheduling meetings, taking minutes of meetings, and following up on action items.
Desired experience and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance, or other relevant disciplines from an accredited university. A Master’s degree, ACCA or CPA would be advantageous.
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• At least 5 years of experience with a preference for candidates with at least 3 years of corporate finance or fund administration experience.
• Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities, develop work plans towards multiple goals, monitor progress and track details on information and activities, and be held accountable.
• Exceptional financial management, analysis and Microsoft Excel skills, including ability to build, review and improve excel models.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a good aptitude for pro-active communication, transparency, patience, and perseverance.
• Ability to excel and maintain a positive attitude in a high-performing, fast-paced environment, while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Kenyan citizenship or unrestricted, existing work authorization in Kenya.
• A sense of humour!
To apply for this position, please submit a single pdf including both a Cover Letter and CV indicating your relevant skills and experience for this role to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a candidate ideally starting as soon as December 2022.
Only candidates whose background fits the above profile will be contacted for interviews.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.